Gout is an acute inflammatory arthritis usually caused by elevated uric acid levels in our blood. In more than 50% of the cases, we can easily identify a person who is suffering from gout by looking at the red swell near the side of the big toe of the sufferer.
Why Uric Acid?
Our uric acid crystallizes (usually due to our white blood cells identify uric acid crystals as foreign substances and they react to them), and the crystals deposit in joints, tendons, and surrounding tissues. Uric acid crystals are shaped like sharp spears. Crystal deposits turns into lumps called tophus. Having sharp crystals piercing into our flesh from within, painful inflammation occurs.
What's the cause?
Most people blame their elevated uric acid levels to food. That's not true. Though some food may contain purine which ultimately converted by our liver into uric acid. Our kidneys will flush them out. If our liver is healthy, there won't be any issue at all. However, if we're sleeping late, smoking, drinking, having a bad lifestyle which damages the liver. This conversion of purine to uric acid becomes inefficient, and excess uric acid is produced. Since our kidneys can only dispose a fixed amount at a time, excess uric acid back-flows into our system causing elevated uric acid levels in our blood thus its problems.
Allopurinol will cause more harm than good. Do your own research =)
1. Fix your liver
2. Change your lifestyle (sleep early, eliminate sugar from your diet for a month, avoid taking a warm or hot shower after 7pm, if really required, cold water, for some weird reasons it helps)
Contact me for more information and GOOD LUCK!